We will be remembering the loss of the fishing boat Pioneer and three crew on the 1st April 1949 on this the 70th anniversary of the tragedy. We have a two board exhibition in our extension covering the story.
More can be found here; https://friendsofhastingscemetery.org.uk/williamsjf.html
Our winter opening times are: History House is open Thurs to Sun but will be closed Sundays through Jan & Feb. The Fishermen’s Museum will be open 11-4pm up to end of March
The museum staff are excited to welcome our new exhibit as seen in this week's Observer. Bob Arrowsmith has spent three months making this detailed model of the Cyril and Lillan Bishop in a bottle complete with soldiers being rescued. Bob told us how he made the model using his own handmade tools. The model can be seen now in our boat making section in the extension. Please come and marvel at the intricate detail. Bob has also donated his handmade tools to the museum and these will shortly also be on display.
We are very proud to announce the Fishermen's Museum has been awarded Accreditation. This means we meet the standards expected for the services we provide and the care of our collection.